Saturday, September 6, 2008

Demographic of One: Deleted



Yup. I deleted a post today. When I wrote it, I was twisted up in knots and needed an outlet. By the end of the day, I realized I had become the kind of blogger I hate to read: verbose and self-absorbed. BO - RING. Plus, I felt exposed. Kind of like my friend above.

But I still liked my original title -- Demographic of One. So I'm writing another post using that title. Reduce (size of post), Recycle (title), Reuse (only most salient points).

What does a Demographic of One look like? I'm so glad you asked. Well, it looks kinda just like me (OK, so I am a narcissist!):
  • 40 going on 35
  • No kids, no life partner
  • Eclectic career trajectory: writer/editor/art teacher
    • for profit, not for profit, high tech, university fund raising, talent management, etc.
  • Web savvy (and getting savvier by the second)
  • Best salad maker on the planet
  • Coffee, popcorn and peanut butter enthusiast
  • Aunty to 5 blood relatives and countless kids of friends
  • Berliner wanna-be
  • Survivor of apartment fire
  • Untrained therapist to family and friends
  • Fledgling Buddhist meditator
  • Nostalgic alumna of the International School, Manila
  • French speaker (pas mal)
  • Can make friends with anyone. Seriously.
So I'm riding my bike to Mitte today and I must have looked lost and American coz this guy on his bike riding up behind me says in English, with a slow Jamaican accent, "where you goin' so fast, girl?" Enter Victor, who explains that I'm goin' the wrong way and puts me right.



A friend of mine told me today my posts are too long with not enough pictures. BETTER?

1 comment:

Loree said...

Renaissance Woman!

*You may borrow my rose coloured glasses if you like. You look really good in them.