Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Neophyte Philes

I am on a self-edumacation path. Since I spend so much time on e-mail and trolling sites, albeit inefficiently, I decided to take the advice of one hellova geek and get myself organized: bookmarked and blogified.

I spent a day last week setting myself up on a bunch of sites: Stumbleupon, Del.icio.us, FriendFeed, Twitter and then I built this blog, which I am now trying to reconfigure so that I can list my posts under discrete topics for easier access for my legions of fans.

Why am I doing this? Because I'm 40 and I don't want to get left behind. Because I love reading and writing on the Internet (which I hear is on computers now). Because I want to belong to communities of community builders since the ones I know in real life, i.e. Mozilla Mark and CSI Tonya, rock my world regularly. I want to become open Liz inside open everything.

So, bear with me while I experiment. I have the zeal of the newly converted, which is annoying if you've been doing this stuff for a while and you're all like, "um, Liz, I've been doing this stuff for a while, so, yeah, welcome to my world and all that, but could you please dial it back a little and ping me when you're ready to roll for real?"

OK, I have to say it before I sign off. If you are like me: 40 with no clue about any of the sites I mentioned above and the words Social Media make you think of a bunch of radio, television and print journalists getting together for a bender, then follow me and I'll show you what what it means on the Web, and I'll never think your questions are dumb. I volunteer for the guinea pig role and will gladly look stupid on your behalf since I'm already doing it on my own!

First: join FriendFeed. Then find me: LizzyPea. Then look for Social Media. Then, let's talk and play!

No comments: